The Guidance Center (TGC) is the Community Mental Health Center for Leavenworth, Atchison, and Jefferson counties in Kansas. We treat everyone with the same quality of care, regardless of their ability to pay. As an employee of TGC, you’ll have the opportunity to help the most vulnerable population in Kansas. We are the only provider that offers therapy, case management, psychosocial, and medication services all at the same site. We care greatly about our clients and are consistently moving towards a holistic model of care.
Salary and Benefits:
- Base hourly rate of $12.06 to $14.33; based on previous relevant experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- KPERS Retirement System
- Paid Time Off and 9 Paid Holidays
- Aflac and Legal Shield Voluntary Insurance Products
- Life Insurance
- Provide Attendant Care services which assist with promoting successful completion of daily activities and assist with promoting successful group interactions among clients
- Facilitate/co-facilitate groups as assigned
- Encourage and support clients’ engagement in group activities
- Serve as Attendant on transportation routes before and after group
High school graduate or GED required. Must have completed one year of college course work in the field of human services, or have one year of experience in the field of human services, or one year combination of education and work experience in the field of human services.
Required: at least 6 months experience working with individuals in the community. Experience gained through practicum experience or volunteer work can be included. Preferred: experience working with individuals with mental health issues.
TGC’s culture is one of kindness. We look for the good in our fellow employees with our “Employee of the Month” and “Spotted” programs. These programs are opportunities to give a shout out (and a treat!) to coworkers that is seen by the whole organization. Before COVID-19 and with every intention to continue afterwards, we celebrated monthly staff events. These range from Super Bowl themed breakfasts and chili cookoffs to “Trunk or Treat” in our parking lots. Our door decorating contests are fun for those with a creative and competitive side. We celebrate the holidays every December with an all-staff party at a local event center. We share a dinner, conversation, and entertainment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.