The Guidance Center (TGC) is the Community Mental Health Center for Leavenworth, Atchison, and Jefferson counties in Kansas. We treat everyone with the same quality of care, regardless of their ability to pay. As an employee of TGC, you’ll have the opportunity to help the most vulnerable population in Kansas. We are the only provider that offers therapy, case management, psychosocial, and medication services all at the same site. We care greatly about our clients and are consistently moving towards a holistic model of care.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- $45,052.80 to $52,228.80 per year; based on licensure and previous relevant experience.
- KPERS Retirement System
- Paid Time Off and 9 Paid Holidays
- CEU Funds and free onsite and online CEU opportunities
- Aflac and Legal Shield Voluntary Insurance Products
- Life Insurance
- Provide intake assessments and initial treatment planning
- Provide psychotherapy (individual, family, and group) and on-going treatment planning
- Provide minimum of four appointment hours per week after 5 pm
- Provide daytime crisis services when needed
- Provide after-hours/weekend crisis and screening services on rotating basis with other clinicians
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
Master’s degree in Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy or Professional Counseling, and licensure by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as a LMSW, LMLP, LMFT, LPC, LSCSW, LCP, LCPC OR LCMFT by the first day of employment.
Required: two semester’s master-level practicum experience in a clinical setting providing assessment and therapy services Preferred: post master’s clinical experience, and experience with the Kansas system of community-based mental health care and associated evidence-based practices.
TGC’s culture is one of kindness. We look for the good in our fellow employees with our “Employee of the Month” and “Spotted” programs. These programs are opportunities to give a shout out (and a treat!) to coworkers that is seen by the whole organization. Before COVID-19 and with every intention to continue afterwards, we celebrated monthly staff events. These range from Super Bowl themed breakfasts and chili cookoffs to “Trunk or Treat” in our parking lots. Our door decorating contests are fun for those with a creative and competitive side. We celebrate the holidays every December with an all-staff party at a local event center. We share a dinner, conversation, and entertainment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.