The Guidance Center (TGC) is the Community Mental Health Center for Leavenworth, Atchison, and Jefferson counties in Kansas. We treat everyone with the same quality of care, regardless of their ability to pay. As an employee of TGC, you’ll have the opportunity to help the most vulnerable population in Kansas.
Salary and Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- KPERS Retirement System
- Paid Time Off
- CEU Funds and Time Off
- Paid Holidays – 9 per year
- Aflac and Legal Shield Voluntary Insurance Products
- Life Insurance
- Base annual salary range of $46,350 to $53,732; based on licensure and previous relevant experience
- Provide intake assessments and initial treatment planning
- Provide psychotherapy (individual, family, and group) and on-going treatment planning
- Make referrals to TGC outpatient office to include medication management, case management, attendant care, and other services as needed.
- Effectively coordinate with and receive youth referrals from juvenile court services, juvenile court judges, and local school staff.
- Provide evidence-based substance abuse and anger management clinical services
- Provide after-hours/weekend crisis and screening services on rotating basis with other clinicians
This is a split position responsible for both providing clinical services to students and families in the Leavenworth County School Districts as well as providing evidenced based practices for anger and addiction issues to youth involved with the Leavenworth and Atchison court systems through Project CHANGE.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
Master’s degree in Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy or Professional Counseling, and licensure by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as a LMSW, LMLP, LMFT, LPC, LSCSW, LCP, LCPC OR LCMFT by the first day of employment.
Required: two semester’s master-level practicum experience in a clinical setting providing assessment and therapy services Preferred: post master’s clinical experience, and experience with the Kansas system of community-based mental health care and associated evidence-based practices.
TGC’s culture is one of kindness. We look for the good in our fellow employees with our “Employee of the Month” and “Spotted” programs. These programs are opportunities to give a shout out (and a treat!) to coworkers that is seen by the whole organization. Before COVID-19 and with every intention to continue afterwards, we celebrated monthly staff events. These range from Super Bowl themed breakfasts and chili cookoffs to “Trunk or Treat” in our parking lots. Our door decorating contests are fun for those with a creative and competitive side. We celebrate the holidays every December with an all-staff party at a local event center. We share a dinner, conversation, and entertainment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.