The Guidance Center (TGC) is the Community Mental Health Center for Leavenworth, Atchison, and Jefferson counties in Kansas. We treat everyone with the same quality of care, regardless of their ability to pay. As an employee of TGC, you’ll have the opportunity to help the most vulnerable population in Kansas. Many of our clients are below the poverty line and many experience homelessness. We are the only provider that offers therapy, case management, psychosocial, and medication services all at the same site. We care greatly about our clients and are consistently moving towards a holistic model of care.
TGC’s culture is one of kindness. We look for the good in our fellow employees with our “Employee of the Month” and “Spotted” programs. These programs are opportunities to give a shout out (and a treat!) to coworkers that is seen by the whole organization. Before COVID-19 and with every intention to continue afterwards, we celebrated monthly staff events. These range from Super Bowl themed breakfasts and chili cookoffs to “Trunk or Treat” in our parking lots. Our door decorating contests are fun for those with a creative and competitive side. We celebrate the holidays every December with an all-staff party at a local event center. We share a dinner, conversation, and entertainment.
- Co-Facilitate psychosocial group according to establish curricula, supervisory directions, and program requirements.
- Encourage and support clients’ engagement in ECPP activities and successful group interactions during group
- Encourage and support clients’ efforts to effectively problem-solve and interact with others
- Serve as Attendant on van transportation routes as assigned
- Plan and provide for snacks at assigned location
- Set up group rooms and supplies in assigned location and ensure they are in good order for use by the groups
- Monday 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Wednesday 7:30 am to 6:15 pm
- Thursday 7:30 am to 6:15 pm
High school graduate or GED required. Must have completed one year of college course work in the field of human services, or have one year of experience in the field of human services, or one year combination of education and work experience in the field of human services
Required: at least 6 months experience working with individuals in the community. Experience gained through practicum experience or volunteer work can be included. Preferred: experience working with individuals with mental health issues.
$12.06 to $14.33 per hour; based on previous relevant experience.