The Guidance Center (TGC) is the Community Mental Health Center for Leavenworth, Atchison, and Jefferson counties in Kansas. We treat everyone with the same quality of care, regardless of their ability to pay. As an employee of TGC, you’ll have the opportunity to help the most vulnerable population in Kansas. Most of our clients are below the poverty line and many experiences homelessness. We are the only provider that offers therapy, case management, psychosocial, and medication services all at the same site. We care greatly about our clients and are consistently moving towards a holistic model of care.
TGC’s culture is one of kindness. We look for the good in our fellow employees with our “Employee of the Month” and “Spotted” programs. These programs are opportunities to give a shout out (and a treat!) to coworkers that is seen by the whole organization. Before COVID-19 and with every intention to continue afterwards, we celebrated monthly staff events. These range from Super Bowl themed breakfasts and chili cookoffs to “Trunk or Treat” in our parking lots. Our door decorating contests are fun for those with a creative and competitive side. We celebrate the holidays every December with an all-staff party at a local event center. We share a dinner, conversation, and entertainment.
- Under the supervision of a QMHP, the TCM will facilitate the treatment plan process by inviting all involved participants, to include parents/caregivers and client (when age-appropriate) to develop or update a plan which addresses needs identified on a strengths assessment; defines goals and objectives, and action steps which support community living and participation.
- Monitor treatment plans to ensure the plan is current, and notify parents/caregivers and all participants in the youth’s treatment well in advance of expiration dates so that updates can be made in a timely fashion, Ensure that updates are accomplished before the plan expires and enlist assistance of supervisor if problems are encountered.
- Provide face-to-face, phone and written communication with parents/caregivers, other service agencies, schools, housing resources, and medical services to assist with meeting client/family needs.
- Provide assertive outreach directed toward engaging and maintaining client relationships as well as relationships with parents/caregivers
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedule
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- KPERS Retirement
- Aflac, Legal Shield and ID Theft
Bachelor’s degree required or be equivalently qualified by work experience or a combination of education and work experience in the human services field with one year of experience substituting for one year of education.
$15.90 to $19.09 per hour; based on previous relevant experience