The Guidance Center (TGC) is the Community Mental Health Center for Leavenworth, Atchison, and Jefferson counties in Kansas. We treat everyone with the same quality of care, regardless of their ability to pay. As an employee of TGC, you’ll have the opportunity to help the most vulnerable population in Kansas. We care greatly about our clients and are consistently moving towards a holistic model of care.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- KPERS Retirement System
- Aflac, Life, Legal Shield and ID Theft Insurance
- Paid Time Off and 9 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Base hourly rate of $15.90 to $19.09 per hour; based on previous relevant experience
- Assist clients in determining strengths and needs, and defining goals, strategies and an action plan which supports community living and participation
- Provide assertive outreach directed toward engaging and maintaining client relationships as well as relationships with caregivers
- Assist clients and/or caregivers to locate and use resources to meet defined goals and needs
- Transport clients to and from appointments and activities when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Human Service field preferred. Equivalent work experience in the human services field, or a combination of work experience in the human services field and education, with one year of experience substituting for one year of education, may be considered
- One year volunteer or paid experience working with individuals in the community
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance
TGC’s culture is one of kindness. We look for the good in our fellow employees with our “Employee of the Month” and “Spotted” programs. These programs are opportunities to give a shout out (and a treat!) to coworkers that is seen by the whole organization. Before COVID-19 and with every intention to continue afterwards, we celebrated monthly staff events. These range from Super Bowl themed breakfasts and chili cookoffs to “Trunk or Treat” in our parking lots. Our door decorating contests are fun for those with a creative and competitive side. We celebrate the holidays every December with an all-staff party at a local event center. We share a dinner, conversation, and entertainment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.