The Guidance Center (TGC) is the Community Mental Health Center for Leavenworth, Atchison, and Jefferson counties in Kansas. We treat everyone with the same quality of care, regardless of their ability to pay. As an employee of TGC, you’ll have the opportunity to help the most vulnerable population in Kansas. Most of our clients are below the poverty line and many experience homelessness. We are the only provider that offers therapy, case management, psychosocial, and medication services all at the same site. We care greatly about our clients and are consistently moving towards a holistic model of care.
TGC’s culture is one of kindness. We look for the good in our fellow employees with our “Employee of the Month” and “Spotted” programs. These programs are opportunities to give a shout out (and a treat!) to coworkers that is seen by the whole organization. Before COVID-19 and with every intention to continue afterwards, we celebrated monthly staff events. These range from Super Bowl themed breakfasts and chili cookoffs to “Trunk or Treat” in our parking lots. Our door decorating contests are fun for those with a creative and competitive side. We celebrate the holidays every December with an all-staff party at a local event center. We share a dinner, conversation, and entertainment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- KPERS Retirement System
- Generous Paid Time Off and 9 Paid Holidays per year
- Aflac, Voluntary Life, and Legal Shield Voluntary Insurance Products
- Paid Education Time Off to obtain CEU’s and Licensure Reimbursement
This position is responsible for providing outpatient alcohol/drug evaluation and treatment services to clients served by The Guidance Center.
- Provide intake assessments and initial treatment planning for substance abuse clients
- Provide substance abuse treatment (individual, family, and group) and ongoing treatment planning for clients
- Provide alcohol/drug assessments and DUI assessments
- Provide treatment to substance abuse clients referred through specific programs which meets those programs’ requirements or content and duration
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s degree in addiction-related field, psychology, social work, human services, other related area with 33 credit hours of specific coursework in addiction counseling.
- Licensed by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as a LAC by the first day of employment.
Required: Two years’ experience in providing alcohol/drug assessment and treatment.
Preferred: Certification to provide Kansas SB123 program services.
$40,913.60 – $47,465.60 per year; based on previous relevant experience